Easter is just around the corner and I wanted to whip up some quick and delish treats for the kiddos. This is in no way healthy, sugar free, gluten free, (well maybe), low carb or sustainable in any way shape or form. But they are flippin delish and they travel well.
Let’s get started.
- 6 cups Rice Krispie (TM) cereal
- 5 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons
- For the turtle topping.
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped.
- 10 melt-able caramels
- 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Rice Krispee treats, cut into bite size pieces.
- In a medium sized pot, melt butter over medium heat. Once the butter is fully melted, add in the marshmallows.
- Stirring constantly, allow the marshmallows to melt completely.
- Remove from the heat and pour in the rice Krispee's. Gently fold in until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x13 pan. And allow it to set up overnight. (Or place in the fridge for 1 hour)
- Assembling the Turtle...
- Using a double boiler, slowly melt 1 cup of chocolate chips over low/medium heat. *Being careful to not allow any water to splash into the chocolate. This will cause the chocolate to seize.
- Carefully dip the top 1/2 of the rice Krispee treats into melted chocolate, set on a baking sheet to cool. Continue process until all are coated with chocolate. While the chocolate is still warm, sprinkle the chopped almonds over the chocolate toppings.
- Lastly, place 10 caramels in a heat prof bowl in the microwave and heat on high for 60 seconds. Careful this will be hot!!
- Using a spoon, drizzle melted Caramel over the chocolate and almonds.
- Allow the Turtle treats to cool at least 1 hour prior to serving.
For more meats and treats check out these posts.