Every year for Valentine’s Day I make my husband the same meal. Fillet Oscar with hollandaise, avocado and lime marinated shrimp, wedge salad with homemade blue cheese and chocolate truffles. What can I say, I’m predictable! This year I’m going to toss it up a bit and make him Smoked Chocolate Salted Truffles, see how spontaneous I am? Seriously, how delicious does that sound? A couple months ago I became obsessed with the Smoked Chocolate chips I received as a add-on in my Full circle weekly drop box. I’ve been tinkering with recipes for them ever since, however, these truffles are for sure my favorite. The sweet subtle smokiness is a perfect combination with the salted cocoa powder, add in a mouth watering creamy dark chocolate ganache and you’ve got a decadent chocolate truffle!
Smoked Chocolate Truffles
Per Serving 287 calories
Fat 20 g
Carbs 31 g
Protein 3 g
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoons Smoked chocolate chips
- 2 cups or 1 pound dark chocolate finely chopped, set aside in glass bowl.
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Salted Cocoa Coating
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt, powdered. *see note
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- Start out by making a ganache; Heat cream over medium heat until it just boils.
- Carefully pour over the chopped chocolate, stir well until all the chocolate has melted. Add in vanilla, stirring until just until combined. Refrigerate for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge. Using a melon baller, make small balls of the chocolate. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Once all the chocolate is made into balls return back to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator, using the palms of your hands, roll chocolate into round balls. Lastly, roll the balls into the salted cocoa coating and place on a serving tray.
More post from LivinLovinFarmin
Livin Lovin Farmin is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Want all of your organic gmo-free groceries shipped FREE to your door… for wholesale price? Check out thrive! Affiliate link