- 3 Cups Cream
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Vanilla Beans, Scraped, Seeds reserved
- 1/4 Cup Organic Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Grassfed Gelatin
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon - optional
- In a small kettle, over low heat, combine cream, milk, vanilla beans and scraped seeds. Allow mixture to heat and marry for 30 minutes, being careful to not let the pot come to boil.
- Add gelatin, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Allow creamer to cool, until just warm. Discard vanilla bean.
- Pour the creamer into a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
I use gelatin in this recipe for several reasons. Not only is the gelatin a flavorless, colorless, thickener for the creamer but its also a simple way to get the incredible benefits of grass fed gelatin, such as collagen, digestions absorption, joint health and skin and nail health. Gelatin is primary composed of amino acids and proline, which are typically found in bones, organs and fibrous tissue of animals, which unless your a daily bone broth drinker, then our bodies don’t get enough of these essentials amino acids in our diet these days. So.. If you could add a bit of anti-aging, arthritis supporting, beautiful nail growing goodness to your morning routine, then why not? I buy THIS BRAND.
Variations- add any of these to the base recipe. Blend. Enjoy
add 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin
add 1 Tablespoon of pumpkin spice
1-2 Tablespoons unsweetened fair trade cocoa powder
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
3 Tablespoons unsweetened fair trade cocoa power
Want to make more homemade? Try these recipes.
Livin Lovin Farmin is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
This post has been linked up to the following blogs…Go check them out!